Free Online Training Course: Intercultural Mediation as a Tool for Integration and Social Inclusion of Young (Vulnerable) People
Are a youth worker, an adult trainer or a community educator with or without migrant background and is your aim:
- To enhance your training capacity in order to support the inclusion of local and migrant/refugee youth?
- To be empowered and equipped with skills and knowledge in order to become a young mediator who reaches out young people at risk of marginalisation and radicalisation and acts as a multiplier of inclusion?
- To learn how to use intercultural mediation as a tool for integration and social inclusion by intervening actively in the social dialogue and by promoting a positive interaction based on active and effective listing?
- To build your own self-confidence to work in blended learning environments?
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V., a non-profit association that designs and implements educational activities based on non-formal learning methods, digital tools and online learning, gives you the opportunity within the framework of “PRIORITY- Promoting Open and Resilient Societies for Youth” Erasmus+ project, to take part in the free online training course entitled “Intercultural Mediation as a Tool for Integration and Social Inclusion of Young People”.
Training Course’s Topics
During this free 3-day online training workshop, which is provided in English and is based on the learning by doing training method, the following topics will be covered:
- Module 1: How to be a good Mediator: non-formal education and the difference between formal and non-formal education. The role of a youth worker in social integration and inclusion. Qualities and competences a mediator should possess in the 21st century in order to support and promote inclusion and social integration successfully.
- Module 2: The power of Intercultural Mediation: the meaning of intercultural mediation and its importance in preventing marginalisation and radicalisation of young people. Role-playing as a tool for inclusion.
- Module 3: Culture and Conflict: the meaning of interculturality and of cultural shock, developing intercultural sensitivity in six steps, enhancing intercultural competences, obstacle to intercultural communication, using positive intercultural approaches by knowing the main sensitive areas and values and by reducing the impact of negative stereotypes.
Furthermore, participants will have access to additional learning resources through the website of PRIORITY’s project, that will support their deeper knowledge on the above-mentioned topics.
Training Course’s Schedule
The training course has a duration of 12 hours and will be implemented in three consecutive days. For those that are not able to join the first option, it will be repeated, and the schedule is the following:
17-19 February 2021
From 18:00-21:15 CET (including a 15-minute break)
24-26 February 2021
From 18:00-21:15 CET (including a 15-minute break)
Training Course’s Delivery Method
The working language of the workshop will be English. The training will be delivered through a series of practical workshops, where group discussion, practical assignments and role-play activities will be delivered to ensure that each participant completes the training course acquiring enough confidence and experience in order to support and foster the integration and social inclusion of the young people at risk of marginalisation and radicalisation.
Training Course’s Cost
Free of charge
Training Course’s Venue
The training course will be implemented online, by using Zoom platform.
Registration is required in order to ensure your participation.
Dimitra Zervaki, EMBA, PMP, TTT
Dimitra Zervaki is the Senior Programme Manager of Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. since May 2019. She is responsible for the management and coordination of all European and international projects of JKPeV. She is a Certified Project Manager (Project Management Professional-PMP), as well as Trainer (Train the Trainer Certification) and Trainer for Adults of Non-formal Education (EOPPEP). She holds a Bachelor’s in the Science of Agriculture and a Master’s in Business Administration (Executive MBA). She has more than 20 years of professional experience in the organization & strategic development of organizations/enterprises and start-ups, in developing and managing Projects/Programmes, in educational material development and facilitation of Vocational Education & Adult Training Courses in the fields of Business Administration, Business Development, Soft/Social Skills Development, Agri-Entrepreneurship and in the field of Information Technology, Digital Marketing and Train the Trainers using also e-learning environments, in developing new applications, products and services, in market research, in marketing, branding and personal-branding, in storytelling, in idea pitching and brand story development, in the organization and administration of multimedia lab, in developing and managing blogs and websites, in sustainability and the conservation of biodiversity. She has taken part in national and international congresses, workshops, events as speaker/trainer and as a part of the organizing committee.
After completing the Online Training Course successfully, you are going to receive a Certification of Completion and an Open Badge that recognises and validates your skills as a Youth Mediator.
For further information, please contact by the 12th of February 2021, the Training Course Trainer, Mrs Dimitra Zervaki: email@example.com
Register online by using the:
Workshop’s Online Form for the workshop that is going to be implemented on the 17th, 18th and 19th of February 2021.
Workshop’s Online Form for the workshop that is going to be implemented on the 24th, 25th and 26th of February 2021.
Registration deadline: the 12th of February 2021