Project Management Assistance, Germany
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. – JKPeV based in Dresden, Germany is an association engaged in the arts, culture and education on a local and European level. Our goal is to implement projects that foster diversity and inclusion and promote active participation and civic engagement. The association is dedicated to coaching volunteers and professionals in youth and cultural work across Europe, thereby strengthening interdisciplinary and transnational cooperation. To achieve this goal, we design and coordinate training courses, seminars, conferences and events in the fields of adult education and youth work, inclusion and integration, entrepreneurship and sustainability, civic participation and volunteering. We use digital media, different art forms, non-formal learning methods and intercultural exchange as tools to develop soft skills and professional skills of young people and adults involved, to stimulate their entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, but also to enrich the cultural life of the city of Dresden and to promote diversity. We also focus on the Europe-wide exchange of experiences and knowledge regarding the history and future of Europe. With our work, the Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. team strive to promote and actively shape a common Europe. In our modern and cosy space, we host an art gallery, the Full Moon Gallery with monthly art exhibitions as well as run music and literature evenings.
For the further development of our association, we are looking, as of now, for a staff member
in the field of
Project Management Assistance
with a workload of 35-40 hours per week
In this position, you will organise activities and projects in close coordination with the board of the association. You will help shape the public relations work in accordance with the goals of the Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. and develop your own project ideas.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- assistance in the management of projects in the fields of integration, youth work and political education.
- research work in various academic fields (mainly non-formal education, social inclusion and social integration), including field work.
- preparation of academic studies and publications
- curriculum and training material development in English and subsequent translation into German
- organisation, preparation and implementation of workshops and events with different target groups
- creation of presentations for participation in local and international activities.
- updating the website and social media of the Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. in English and German
- intensive cooperation with the project management team of the Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. in the successful implementation of certain project management processes (preparation of reports, etc.) and in fundraising
- maintaining and developing networks with local, state and international institutions
- representing the association at conferences, seminars and projects domestically and abroad
- propagating project results through the development of digital content and the use of social media.
What we expect from you:
- a qualified university or college degree appropriate to the field of work, preferably in the fields of social work, social pedagogy, education, German studies, cultural management, political science or other social sciences
- at least 5 years of professional experience in youth, adult or political education or professional experience in a related institution
- excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- demonstrable public relations and networking skills
- excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access)
- interest in art, culture and international education work
- self-responsible work, openness and enjoyment of working in intercultural contexts
- exceptional attention to detail, organisational skills and flexibility in working hours
- a class 3 driving licence is an advantage
- experience in fundraising and event management is an advantage
What we offer you:
- working in a non-profit organisation that has been growing steadily since 2004 with partners all over Europe
- a motivated and professionally competent multicultural team
- interesting and challenging fields of activity
- integration into a cooperation network of different institutions in the field of art, culture and education
- international project work with travels domestically and abroad
- participation in subsidised further education events in Europe
- a salary commensurate with professional experience as well as flexible holiday planning
The place of work is mainly Dresden. Home office is partly possible!
Would you like to implement ideas in a competent and dynamic environment together with our project partners on a national and international level? Can you work in a goal-oriented and self-initiated manner and at the same time break new ground in the European scene? Then we look forward to receiving your application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates, references) with details of your salary expectations exclusively by e-mail with the subject “Project Management Assistance” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send all documents in one PDF file. The size should not exceed 8 MB.
For any questions about the association, Mr. Kiehne (email@example.com), in his capacity as a board member, is at your disposal.
The application deadline is January 31, 2023, 12:00 pm CET (date of email inbox). Costs incurred as part of the application process cannot be reimbursed.
For more information about our work, please visit: