Project Manager for Intercultural Education Projects, Germany
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. – JKPeV based in Dresden, Germany is an association engaged in the arts, culture and education on a local and European level. Our goal is to implement projects that foster diversity and inclusion and promote active participation and civic engagement. The association is dedicated to coaching volunteers and professionals in youth and cultural work across Europe, thereby strengthening interdisciplinary and transnational cooperation. To achieve this goal, we design and coordinate training courses, seminars, conferences and events in the fields of adult education and youth work, inclusion and integration, entrepreneurship and sustainability, civic participation and volunteering. We use digital media, different art forms, non-formal learning methods and intercultural exchange as tools to develop soft skills and professional skills of young people and adults involved, to stimulate their entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, but also to enrich the cultural life of the city of Dresden and to promote diversity. We also focus on the Europe-wide exchange of experiences and knowledge regarding the history and future of Europe. With our work, the Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. team strive to promote and actively shape a common Europe. In our modern and cosy space, we host an art gallery, the Full Moon Gallery with monthly art exhibitions as well as run music and literature evenings.
For the further development of our association we are looking for a
Project Manager for Intercultural Education Projects (f/m/d)
with a workload between 35-40 hours per week
In this position you will implement European projects mainly in close coordination with the board of the association assuring quality and innovation and having a social impact. You will support the further development of the association in line with its goals.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and reporting contracted projects in the areas of migration and integration, youth work, adult and political education, entrepreneurship and sustainability, citizen participation and volunteering. (Project management, controlling, reporting and evaluation, risk analysis, coordinating and monitoring the project team and project partners).
- Measuring, controlling and monitoring progress of project partners
- Implementing quality control and assurance assessments
- Managing partner and stakeholders’ relations through effective communication
- Designing, planning, developing and leading interactive workshops, seminars and trainings based on non-formal learning methods addressing youth, adults and professionals (adult trainers, community workers, youth leaders, youth workers etc.)
- Promoting and disseminating JKPeV’s projects and their outputs respectively by using different social media channels, the association’s website (WordPress), publishing blogposts and sending Newsletter, Press Release etc. as well as by making presentations in meetings, events and conferences on local, regional, national and international level.
- Research work in different scientific fields (mainly non-formal education, social inclusion and social integration, entrepreneurship and sustainability, civic participation & political education), including field work
- Designing and producing projects’ outputs such as WebQuests, podcasts, interactive presentations, handbooks, workbooks, online toolkits based on story-telling methods etc.
- Preparation of academic studies and publications as well as curricula and training material development in English and subsequent translation into German
- Designing Erasmus+ projects, in particular Key Action 2 – Strategic Partnerships and Key Action 3 – Support to Policy Reforms and EU Youth Dialogue, Europe for Citizens, REC, AMIF, Creative Europe and HORIZON2020 projects
- Maintain and further develop networks with local, governmental and international institutions.
- A university degree relevant to the field of work, preferably in the fields of Education with focus on Adult Education / Social Sciences and Humanities / Political Sciences / Cultural Studies and ideally a master’s degree in Project Management and/or a Certification of Project Management (PMP)
- 7 years of proven professional experience in the implementation and management of EU-funded projects (Erasmus+ (KA2, KA3), Europe for Citizens, REC -JUSTICE, AMIF, Creative Europe, HORIZON 2020 etc.).
- Proven professional experience in curricula and training materials’ development and in planning, developing, delivering and leading interactive workshops, seminars and trainings based on non-formal education (Youth and Adult Education)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English, other languages are an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge in the field of Public Relations, and Networking
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access), knowledge of online communication tools for virtual teamwork and Project Management Software tools will be considered a strong asset
- Proven experience in Strategic Planning and Risk Management
- Excellent decision-making and leadership skills with proven experience
- Excellent organizational skills, such as time management, team coordination and supervision
- Attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Team spirit, empathy, reliability, self-motivation, and respect for all members and staff of JKPeV
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally to attend project meetings, trainings and events
We are particularly keen to hear from people with a track record in projects in the framework of:
- Adult Education, VET, Youth (Erasmus+ Programme: KA2 and KA3)
- Civic participation (Europe for Citizens Programme)
- Creative Europe Programme
- Research and Innovation Programme (Horizon 2020)
- European Social Fund
- European Regional Development Fund
- Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund – AMIF
- Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme – REC
What JKPeV offers :
- Collaboration with a long-established non-profit organization based in Dresden, Germany with more than 15 years of experience in EU-funded projects and with a rich network of international partners all over Europe
- A motivated, friendly and professionally competent, multicultural team
- Integration into a cooperation network of various institutions in the field of art, culture and education
- Relocation support if necessary
- Interesting and substantively challenging fields of activity
- Regular travels in Germany and abroad to represent JKPeV and its work in project meetings, conferences, networking meetings and other events
- Initiative to discuss, design and develop together with the JKPeV team innovative projects
- A salary commensurate with the professional experience as well as flexible vacation planning
The place of work is mainly Dresden. Right now Home Office is as well possible.
Would you like to implement projects in a competent and dynamic environment together with our project partners on a national and international level? Can you work in a goal-oriented and self-initiated manner while breaking new ground in the European scene? Do you aim to have a social impact on the local community as well as on national and European level?
If so, we look forward to receiving your application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates of work and education, references) including your salary expectations exclusively by e-mail with the subject “Project Manager for Intercultural Education Projects” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all documents in one PDF. The size of the PDF should not exceed 8 MB.
If you have any questions about the association, please contact JKPeV’s Director, Stefan Kiehne: email@example.com
Interviews will take place promptly after receipt of application via Skype. Costs incurred as part of the application process cannot be reimbursed.
For more information about our work, please visit: