Project ACTIVE – Partners wanted in the field of sport!
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V., a youth and cultural association based in Dresden would like to invite you to become our local partner in the European project “ACTIVE”, which is focused on the promotion of sports among young people aged between 16 and 30 years old. The project involves 6 other organisations next to us: the Fare Network (The Netherlands), the ASSIST National Association of Female Athletes and GEA Società Cooperativa Sociale (Italy), the KMOP Organisation (Greece), DOTS (Portugal), and the European Network of Sport Education (Austria).
The main aim of the “ACTIVE” project is to strengthen the interest and commitment of young people to the European Youth Goals which can be successfully achieved through the implementation of local sports activities. Our aim is to activate young people through sport and outdoor activities so that they stay mentally and physically healthy and be active citizens. The challenging period of lock down has consequently led many young people to isolation, passiveness and at the same time anxiety about their future due to the strict measures imposed against COVID-19. Sport and outdoor activities can help young people focus on their goals, develop their physical and mental condition, make friends and be active in the society.
We are planning to implement sport activities and events in Dresden so that more young people from Dresden get involved in sport with focus on young, disadvantaged people, and at the same time involve athletes, young active people, coaches and trainers so as to bring the two target groups together.
How your organisation will benefit from the cooperation with Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. in the “ACTIVE” project:
- Athletes, trainers and young active people that do sport from your organisation will have the unique possibility to participate in two planned international training events in Athens, Greece in May 2022 (for athletes and active people, 5-6 places) and Amsterdam April 2022 (for coaches/trainers, 5-6 places). The participants are going to meet other trainers, athletes, coaches and young active people from different countries of Europe in order to share and exchange their experiences, best practices and opinions mainly around the topic of sport, physical education and the European Youth Goals. The travel expenses and subsistence costs (accommodation and meals) are covered by the project through the Erasmus+ programme.
- Through our cooperation with local and national decision-makers in the field of sport, you can expand your network and build long-term partnerships in the field of sport, youth and non-formal education.
The cooperation with your organisation would be very valuable for us as you will contribute to the project in the following ways:
- Involving experienced and knowledgeable sport trainers and coaches but also athletes and active young people in interviews as representatives of expert groups and in an online survey related to the equality of all genders, inclusiveness, acceptance and mutual understanding in the field of sport.
- Supporting us in the promotion and organisation of sport activities and events in Dresden which will be funded by the project through the Erasmus+ programme.
- Involving young active people, athletes and trainers/coaches in the planned sport activities and events in Dresden and in two international trainings which will take place in Athens, Greece and in Amsterdam, Netherlands as well as the final event in Portugal.
- Providing feedback on the training and learning materials about sport and the European Youth Goals which we are going to develop in cooperation with our international partners throughout the implementation of the project. As experts in the field of sport, your opinion matters a lot to us!
Does this sound interesting to you? We would be very glad to get into contact with you and explain to you all aspects about this exciting and meaningful project that aims to change young people’s mindset and mobilise them to do sport and be ACTIVE!
For further information you can contact Stefan May: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: +49 351 899 605 45.