RESCUE [2022 – 2024]
About This Project
Raise your voice against Plastic!
Duration: 24 months (December 2022 – November 2024)
The outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has brought to light our close links with nature and put renewed emphasis on education and training systems. Lessons have been learned about new possibilities for education and training, including learning in different settings (including online and non-formal education), engagement and autonomy of learners and the links between formal learning and the wider community. The pandemic also increased a long-standing concern for the physical, mental and emotional well-being of young people that are tightly linked with the environment.
The RESCUE partnership following the EU goals for sustainable education aims to develop a comprehensive and collaborative approach to learning for environmental sustainability involving different bodies, organizations and participants in the education, youth work and training system. By raising awareness through theoretical knowledge and participatory activities, the project intends to build attitudes and behaviours on young people regarding climate change and sustainable consumption patterns of plastic, providing also stimuli to young people for creating green initiatives (campaign) with an impact on the environment and society.
The objectives of the RESCUE project are:
- to raise young people’s awareness on the long-term impact of plastic on the environment and human health,
- to promote more sustainable consumption patterns of plastics for young people, to stimulate change,
- to build an environmentally friendly attitude among young people,
- to provide youth workers with tools and methodologies to provide knowledge to young people regarding the use of plastic and motivate them to participate in green initiatives,
- to connect young people through green campaigns and give them the opportunity to learn, cooperate, volunteer, and disseminate their experiences to peers and the society,
- to equip the partners’ staff with the know-how to apply green, plastic-free practices inside their organizations.
The RESCUE project focuses on two main aspects: raising awareness on the repercussions of the excessive usage of plastic and motivating youth towards green initiatives. To achieve our goals the project is addressed to:
TG1: Young people (16-27 years old)
TG2: Youth workers
TG3: Youth organizations
TG4: (indirect) Staff from the partner organisations.
The project outputs are the following:
- E-learning platform including modules and activity sheets on plastic’s repercussions and Green Portal with initiatives at national & EU level (WP2),
- “How to run a green campaign” Guide on how to organize, run and disseminate an environmental campaign against plastic usage (WP3),
- “Become a Green Ambassador” Campaign including a working session in Austria, vidcasts, National Initiatives (WP4),
- Sharing & Promotion: dissemination material and physical activities at national level (WP5).
Südwind (Austria) – Coordinator
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. (Germany)
Stowarzyszenie Centrum Wspierania Edukacji I Przedsiebiorczosci (Poland)
Youth Europe Service (Italy)
The project is co-financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Programme
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.