Kunst des Erinnerns [14. February 2018]
‘Reconnecting Citizens with the Founding Values of the European Project – RECONN’
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. is glad to host in collaboration with Memorare Pacem e.V and the Municipality of Dresden the international Event “KUNST des ERINNERNS – Europa Neu Denken” / “The Art of Remembrance – Envisioning Europe”
Every year between 13th-15th February, the city and people of Dresden commemorate the Dresden bombings in February 1945, and remember and reflect on the impact the war had on the city’s identity-shaping process.
A penetrating look back at the past elucidates how each personal account connects and intertwines with other, unfamiliar stories.
If remembrance is key to bettering the future, should we not try to view history through one another’s eyes?
Artists and the politically- and historically-minded from in and around Dresden and from abroad will have the opportunity to convene on this anniversary.
Dresdeners are invited to come along for an international event that welcomes cultural interaction, discussions and art activities and to explore the different perceptions of Europe’s past and future.
The event is open to everyone and entry is free.
Venue: Kulturrathaus Dresden
Time: 16.00 – 19.30
Introduction of the International Event “Art of Remembrance – Envisioning Europe” and the European project “Reconnecting Citizens to the Founding Values of the European Project”, by the Project Coordinator, Myrto-Helena Pertsinidi – Project Manager, Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. and Matthias Neutzner, Founder of Memorare Pacem e.V.
1) 16:00-17:30 Presentations and round-table discussions on European identity and active citizenship
– Luisa Rodrigues, Representative of the European Commission, Europe for Citizens Programme, Salutation Speech
– Mayor of Finance, Personnel and Law in Dresden, Dr. Peter Lames, Salutation Speech
– Prof. Dr. Mark Arenhövel, International Politics, TU Dresden “Europe’s Memory – A communal experience or a mix of
different national recollections.”
– Arpád Bőczén, Architect & Cultural Heritage Manager, Hungarian Association of Cultural Heritage Managers, “Heritage and identity in relation to the European Year of Cultural Heritage”
– Béla Zsolt Gergely, Project Manager of the DANUrB Project at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME), “Reconfiguring European Citizenship – How to Get Involved in the Policy Making Process.”
– Ioannis Anastasiou, Student & Artist, Visual and Applied Arts, Faculty of Fine Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, “The phenomenon of Neo-Nazism and the new right-wing movement in Europe: The role of art and artists today.”
– Dr. Triantaphyllos Tranos, Laboratory Teaching Staff Member, Visual and Applied Arts, Faculty of Fine Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, “Best practices that foster intercultural cooperation whilst promoting European identity and active citizenship in Europe.”
2) 17:30-17:45 Choral performance by UNA VOCE & the Choir of Jarzębina, PL
3) 18:00-19:30 Activities
· Round-table discussions based on the topics of the presentations in the form of a world-cafe
· Art Zine workshop based on the topic ‘Me, my city, my Europe’ facilitated by the German artist Stephanie Lüning, MA, Academy of Fine Arts Dresden
· Comic Workshop ‘We live in Europe’ facilitated by the Greek comic artists Ioannis Texis and Stavros Kioutsoukis
· Screening of video interviews produced through EU funded projects on WWII and its impact on the shaping of personal identity in Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy and Poland.
· Pop-up info desks:
– Volunteering & European Solidarity Corps
– ‘Good Practices’ & Tools for active participation and citizenship in Europe, combating the stigmatisation of immigrants & hate speech
– EU policy & support ft. publications on ‘Guide to EU Institutions’ and ‘Europe for You, Your Rights’, supported by Europe Direct
Participating countries: Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary and Poland.
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. – Dresden (DE) – Lead partner
Landeshauptstadt Dresden – Dresden (DE)
Memorare Pacem e.V. – Dresden (DE)
Kistarcsa Város Önkormányzata – Kistarcsa (HU)
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki – Thessaloniki (GR)
Institut pro regionalni rozvoj, o. p. s. – Prague (CZ)
Gminny Osrodek Kultury Olesnica – Olesnica (PL)