European Solidarity Corps &
The Meeting Point Saxony Project at JKPeV
If you are between 18-30 years old and are interested in volunteering abroad, helping people, developing your social, personal and professional competences, learning about a new culture and practicing your language skills, then don’t miss the opportunity to have a look on the European Solidarity Corps initiative!
Within the frame of the European Solidarity Corps – ESC initiative funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Programme, you have the opportunity to live and volunteer in another country, to learn your host country’s language, culture and lifestyle as well as to meet new people. ESC projects can last from 2 weeks to 12 months, during which time you’ll volunteer at a registered host organisation; this could be a non-profit organisation, a cultural centre, a kindergarden, a local council, a school or another public or private institution. ESC can help you develop personally and professionally, but more importantly, it will give you experiences and memories that you’ll never forget.
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. gives the possibility every year to 1-2 young people aged between 18 and 30 years old to volunteer through the European Solidarity Corps for 12 months in our office, in Dresden. The volunteers are going to support the JKPeV team in the daily tasks and are going to be actively involved in JKPeV’s projects and events. We are looking for volunteers who are open-minded, communicative and respectful that want to have a positive impact on the society and in particular on the local community of Dresden.
If you are particularly interested to support us in the fields of:
Sociology & Social work, History, Political Sciences, International Relations, Journalism & Social Media, Translation (from English into German and vice versa), Project & Event Management, Photography, Graphic & Web Design, Film shooting & editing
Then, you have found the RIGHT PLACE to gain knowledge from, practice and develop your skills and to have a positive attitude towards our work and our mission! If you have some relevant experience in the aforementioned topics, then you shouldn’t miss the chance to apply for the Meeting Point Saxony project!
What does the Meeting Point Saxony Project include?
As a JKPeV-volunteer, you are expected to be actively involved in our association’s projects and events and assist the JKPeV team in the daily office work. As a part of our multi-cultural team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the implementation of our projects’ activities and events, and learn more in depth about project and event management. You’ll work in our office for about 6-7 hours daily from Monday to Friday and accrue two holiday days every month. Sometimes due to the fact that we run many educational activities and cultural/art events on the weekends, we might need your help but we will compensate you for working extra hours during the weekend!
What do we offer you?
– Your travel expenses will be 100% reimbursed (from your home city to Dresden and back) as calculated by the Erasmus+ travel distance calculator after submitting to us all the travel documents (boarding passes, flight confirmation and receipts of your travel expenses, all original tickets (plane, train, bus, tram, metro etc.);
– A multicultural environment in an office which is located in the alternative district of Dresden, Hechtviertel;
– Accommodation in a shared flat;
– Monthly Allowance (pocket money) & Food allowance every month according to the ESC guidelines
– Health Insurance;
– Public transport costs (monthly card) from your flat to the office and back, if necessary;
– German language courses according to your language level and based on the project’s budget;
– Support by our team (a tutor and/or mentor support(s) the volunteer on a weekly/monthly basis) through discussions and evaluation meetings;
– Opportunities for personal and professional development by supporting us in our trainings, workshops, seminars and conferences;
– Many opportunities to learn about event planning & management by assisting us in the organisation and implementation of international and local events in the city of Dresden;
– The possibility to become an active and conscious citizen who understands what volunteering means;
– Participation in the on-arrival and mid-term seminars about European Solidarity Corps;
– After the successful completion of your voluntary work – ESC at JKPeV, you will receive a Youth pass certificate.
Interested? Then contact us! Please send your application in English to email@example.com
In your application you should include your CV, a photo of yours and a letter of motivation that answers the following questions:
- What is my motivation to volunteer for Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. in particular?
- How can I contribute to the JKPeV’s projects and activities and to the local community of Dresden?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- What is my mission in life?
2) For Germans who want to volunteer abroad through ESC – JKPeV as sending organisation
If you legally reside in Germany and you are interested in volunteering abroad, JKPeV can be your sending organisation. We prepare and support the volunteers in cooperation with the host organisations regarding the following topic:
- What EVS/ESC is and what it offers
- How to prepare your CV and motivation letter according to the criteria of the host organisation’s EVS project you have selected
- Supporting you in all practical arrangements, incl. travel, insurance
- Pre-departure meeting (in our office or via skype/phone call)
- Providing support to volunteers during all the phases of the project, risk prevention
- Signing the activity agreement
- Supporting self-reflection and keeping in contact with the volunteer during the EVS
- Enabling follow-up activities
- Dissemination of the EVS projects’ learning outcomes
We recommend that you visit first the official website of the European Solidarity Corps!