FUNDRAISING & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. has built synergies and networks at local, regional, national and European level where we exchange our ideas and visions and design projects. The main tools we use are, art, culture and non-formal education, having a positive social impact, one step at a time. Thus, the projects that Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. implements, have always a strategic objective, and this goal cannot be reached without having a cross-sectoral and cross-disciplinary cooperation with partners and stakeholders such as universities, education institutions, cultural centres, NGOs, municipalities, creative and social enterprises, and NGOs dealing with art, culture, and non-formal education. A strategy can only be fullfilled, if we have a well-established technical background and funding. In Europe we seek funding mainly from European Funding Programmes, some of which are the Erasmus+ programme, Europe for Citizens, Creative Europe, Europeans for Peace etc. In addition, we also apply for state, regional and municipal funds such as Sächsische Stiftung, Kulturstiftung Dresden, Kulturstiftung des Bundes, Sozialstiftung der Stadt Dresden. To achieve in getting this funding, we follow a 7-step project management methodology which we have developed:
Ideation: By observing the environment and by using design thinking techniques we work on new project ideas.
Testing: These ideas should be tested to resonate with a core target group that matters and to match with the priorities and the thematic areas of the funding schemes.
Finding and selecting our Partners: Selecting the right partners is a very crucial step for project success. The selection is made from an existing pool of previous partners, or, we are looking for new ones by participating in contact making events or being a member in different networks and platforms.
Writing the Proposal: When Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. is the lead partner (the main applicant), the project management team is responsible for writing the projects’ proposals in cooperation with the support from selected project partners.
Project Planning: If the project proposal is approved, then a preparatory/kick-off meeting is held, which in most cases takes place in Dresden. During this meeting the project management plan is developed, which is our roadmap towards reaching our goals.
Project Implementation: The project management team, under the guidance of a project manager, is responsible for coordinating the delivery of the work packages, according to the schedule and budget. From our experience, we have observed that effective communication among project partners is the second key to success, after selecting the right partners. Additionally, based on a well- established communication strategy, the project results are disseminated to key stakeholders, as we want our projects to have a real social impact.
Project Closure: As the project comes towards its completion, we organize an evaluation/assessment meeting during which the lessons-learned, the methods and tools which were used, and the results of the project are discussed. Moreover, follow-up activities and projects are planned, which ensure and enhance the effective dissemination and exploitation of the project’s results. A close-out report is developed, so as the project to be officially terminated.
ART & CULTURAL EVENTS
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. has a long experience in the organisation and management of art and cultural events. From 2004 to 2010, the association carried out the Sun Flower Festival, an international Festival of music, arts and culture which was held in Freiberg, Germany. The main aim of the festival was to enhance community building and active participation through music, culture, arts and volunteering. The Sun Flower Festival was organized on a voluntary basis and was a non-profit event, consisting of 5 music stages which hosted music bands from all over the world, whilst holding workshops such as theatre playing, belly dancing, yoga, juggling, fire performing, photography, performing, literature & poetry led by international performers and artists. Volunteers from all over the world were supporting the organisation and implementation of the festival while participating in art workshops.
From 2007 to 2013 Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. organized the Burning Bizarre Convention, a Gathering of fire performers, jugglers and circus artists from all over the world where they participated in juggling and circus arts workshops and had the opportunity to share their skills and experiences and interact culturally with each other. The last two days of the festival, the artists were invited to present their skills on stage through an Open Stage and a Gala Show. At the Gala Show, known fire and circus artists performed in public, in the city of Dresden. These two large scale events have greatly contributed to our event management experience in the culture and art sectors. The Burning Bizarre Convention was also a non-profit event supported by volunteers, artists and performers.
Since 2011, Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. has organized cultural and art events within the framework of international projects in Dresden and other European cities promoting the culture of remembrance and the culture of commemoration, Human Rights, Solidarity, Democracy, Empathy, Equality, Understanding, Acceptance, Inclusion and Diversity. An event management team is responsible for the organisation, promotion and execution of the association’s events. Moreover, we cooperate with international artists, performers, directors, film makers and curators and together we plan the activities of our events. Our events vary; from theatre and dance performances, concerts, film screenings, art exhibitions to live art workshops and street performances. All events organized by Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. are non-profit and are open to the public fostering community building, civic engagement and active participation at local, national and international level. You can find all our events here.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V.’s aim is to support young people and adults’ personal and professional development through the organisation of international trainings, seminars, study-visits and workshops offering learning opportunities based on art, creative tools, non-formal learning methods and experiential learning. JKPeV has a pool of experienced trainers from all over Europe that specialize in certain fields, such as practicing and developing soft skills and social competences, creative and social entrepreneurship, project management & networking, practicing ICT and digital skills, community building and active participation through volunteering and urban development.
Through creative tools such as theatre methods, storytelling, visual and performing arts techniques in combination with round-table discussions, reflection and assessment meetings, team building activities, simulation games, role playing, team work, study-visits, workshops and interactive presentations, we aim to encourage learners to participate actively in all activities and share their ideas and experiences. Providing free space to learners to reflect, assess, exchange and share increases involvement and incites them to provide their input. The main creative tools we use for exploring community values and needs are visual-art and theatre techniques, storytelling, film making and animation (stop motion), and urban art. We have cooperated with artists, performers, academics, researchers and trainers in our educational projects who have a long experience in community projects. The working language of our learning activities is English.
Please see below some of the educational activities we have implemented:
1) Perform to Reform: a training course based on performing arts fostering social inclusion, equality and active participation.
2) Europe on Stage: a training course based on performing arts, storytelling, simulation games, reflection meetings and discussions, painting and drawing promoting cultural exchange and breaking stereotypes.
3) Creative Entrepreneurship: a training course based on interactive presentations, workshops, study-visits, simulation games, assessment and reflection meetings, round-table discussions and team building activities.
4) CreativeLab: a training course about social and creative entrepreneurship, branding, marketing, networking and project management based on interactive presentations, workshops, study-visits, simulation games, assessment and reflection meetings, round-table discussions, team-building activities.
5) YouthNetWorking: a training course about networking, youth work and project management.
6) UrbanArtVentures I and II: an educational project based on urban art (murals and graffiti) fostering diversity, inclusion, equality and intercultural dialogue.
7) ArtExpress: a training course based on film making, stop motion animation, storytelling and pixilation promoting civic engagement and intercultural exchange.
8) An Oral History and Biographical Narrative workshop within the framework of the European Remembrance project “Bridging Generations” based on storytelling and drawing.
9) The Otherness workshop within the framework of the European project “YOU ARE WELCOME” based on theatre techniques and storytelling.
10) “You and I – We are not so different” workshop within the framework of the European project “YOU ARE WELCOME” based on visual art techniques such as collage, drawing and storytelling for the creation of zines.
We are open to new partnerships and new ideas to implement our learning activities. In case you would like to get into contact with us, you can send us an email.
EVENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. – JKPeV specializes in event management for corporate, association and not for profit clients. If your event needs to be properly conceived and executed to deliver tangible business results, we can assure you that Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. is what you are looking for. The JKPeV team can provide a full-service event management experience that includes:
Project administration and management
Budget, cash flow, and financial management
Speaker contracting & fulfillment
Registration management and support
Event branding and marketing
Event communications and promotion
Print production and management
Social event planning
Event production and AV coordination
Facility and hotel management
Logistics & operations management
The successful organisation of your event lies on mutual trust. Understanding your organization and the reasons for putting on an event, lays the foundation that ensures your event is providing a return on investment. We focus on your organization/company.
1. LEARN: We want first to get to know you and understand what your organisation/business is about. By thoroughly understanding your company’s leadership culture, how your organization operates and your long term strategic plans, we become a part of your team. We can work more effectively if we are considered from the beginning strategic event management partners, so the first step for us is about getting to know you and your business.
2. BUILD: Let us do the heavy lifting. Because we have taken the time to learn about your business and the goals of your event, you can rest assured that the event will be on target and in line with your objectives. Leave the planning and management to us. Let us look after the details and the heavy lifting that comes with planning a professional event. From our years of experience, we can deliver a full-service event management experience. The JKPeV team is well equipped to deliver a unique event that you and your attendees will remember. Our creative team will do anything possible so that your event will be THE EVENT!
3. DELIVER: You can rely on us as we love our job and we love events. We love the on-site details, production plans, schedules, deadlines and to do lists that come along with managing an event. From meticulous management of facility details to AV, catering and on-site coordination, we ensure every detail is looked after. Managing your event using a strategic overall plan and a methodical management approach allows you to rest easy. Knowing that every last detail is looked after will allow you to focus on your attendees and stakeholders at the event. Let us look after the rest.