Education Specialist (f/m/d)
Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. has been working successfully in the fields of art, culture and education at European and local level for over 10 years. The aim is to implement projects that enable diversity and inclusion and promote active participation and civic engagement. The association’s international team is also dedicated to coaching professionals and volunteers in youth and adult education as well as in cultural work across Europe, thereby strengthening interdisciplinary and transnational cooperation. To achieve this goal, the staff design and coordinate training courses, seminars, conferences and events in the fields of digital education, inclusion and integration, entrepreneurship and sustainability, civic participation and volunteering. They use different art forms, non-formal learning methods and intercultural exchange as approaches to develop soft skills and professional skills of the participants, to stimulate their entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, but also to enrich the cultural life of the city of Dresden and to promote diversity. Another focus is on a Europe-wide exchange of experiences and a joint examination of the history and future of Europe.
With their work, the team members of the Jugend- & Kulturprojekt e.V. want to promote and actively shape a united Europe. The association supports artists and runs an art gallery (Full Moon Gallery) and also organises music and literature evenings in the specially developed Kultur Centrale.
For the further development of our association we are looking for a
Education Specialist (f/m/d)
with a workload between 35-40 hours
In this position you will design and develop educational materials, curricula and tools of European projects mainly in close cooperation with the EU programme manager and assistants of the association assuring quality and innovation and having a social impact. You will support the further development of the association in line with its goals.
Another area is the implementation of educational and multiplier events such as workshops, conferences, citizens’ meetings and festivals.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and designing curricula and training and learning materials in English (trainer and learner handbooks, workbooks, WebQuests, Podcasts, Video and PowerPoint presentations, online courses, webinars, online toolkits) for educational projects; researching and defining educational goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet the projects‘ goals.
- Defining learning needs of target groups; researching trends at the national, state and European levels, as appropriate to the position.
- Coordinating activities of support staff, trainers, and/or volunteers engaged in the implementation and administration of the projects‘ objectives.
- Managing and facilitating educational activities, including workshops, trainings, conferences, seminars, and/or other special projects.
- As appropriate to the nature and objectives of the individual role, providing learners and trainers‘ advisement and supporting services.
- Developing or participating in the development of funding proposals for educational projects.
- Research work in different scientific fields (mainly non-formal education, social inclusion and social integration, entrepreneurship and sustainability, civic participation through arts and cross-cultural exchange & political education), including field work
- Preparation of research studies, and publications in English and German
- Developing networks with local, governmental and international institutions in the fields of non-formal education, youth work and adult education.
- A university degree in the field of Education, and ideally a master’s degree in Youth/Adult Education;
- 5-7 years of proven professional experience in Education (adult education, youth education/non-formal education);
- Proven professional experience in curricula and training and learning materials’ development and in planning, developing, delivering and leading interactive workshops, seminars and trainings based on non-formal education (Youth and Adult Education);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English (Proficient level), other languages are an advantage;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access), knowledge of online communication tools for virtual teamwork and Design tools for interactive educational programmes will be considered a strong asset;
- Excellent decision-making and leadership skills with proven experience;
- Excellent organizational skills, such as time management, and team coordination;
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings;
- Attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Team spirit, empathy, reliability, self-motivation, and respect for all members and staff of JKPeV are a must;
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally to manage and facilitate learning, teaching and training activities, seminars and conferences.
We are particularly keen to hear from people with a track record in projects in the framework of:
- Adult Education, VET, Youth (Erasmus+ Programme: KA2 and KA3)
- Civic participation (Europe for Citizens Programme)
- Creative Europe Programme
- Research and Innovation Programme (Horizon 2020)
- European Social Fund
- European Regional Development Fund
- Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund – AMIF
- Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme – REC
What JKPeV offers:
- Collaboration with a long-established non-profit organization based in Dresden, Germany with more than 15 years of experience in EU-funded projects and with a rich network of international partners all over Europe
- A motivated, friendly and professionally competent, multicultural team
- Integration into a cooperation network of various institutions in the field of art, culture and education
- Relocation support if necessary
- Interesting and substantively challenging fields of activity
- Regular travels in Germany and abroad to represent JKPeV and its work in project meetings, conferences, networking meetings and other events
- Initiative to discuss, design and develop together with the JKPeV team innovative projects
- A salary commensurate with the professional experience as well as flexible vacation planning
The place of work is mainly Dresden. Home office is partly possible!
Would you like to implement projects in a competent and dynamic environment together with our project partners on a national and international level? Can you work in a goal-oriented and self-initiated manner while breaking new ground in the European scene? Do you aim to have a social impact on the local community as well as on national and European level?
If so, we look forward to receiving your application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates of work and education, references) including your salary expectations exclusively by e-mail with the subject “Education Specialist” to: email@example.com. Please include all documents in one PDF. The size of the PDF should not exceed 8 MB.
If you have any questions about the association, please contact JKPeV’s Director, Stefan Kiehne: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is March 31, 2023, 12:00 pm CET (date of email inbox). Costs incurred as part of the application process cannot be reimbursed.
For more information about our work, please visit: