About This Project
European Youth Together 2020
1/05/2021 – 30/04/2023
General objective of the project:
The general objective of the action is to promote interest and engagement on European youth goals and future EU youth policies among less active youth and youth at risk of marginalization and discrimination by promoting inclusive and sustainable grassroots sports activities.
Specific objectives of the project:
- Create a network to improve the connection and involvement of less active young people in Europe around European values and EU objectives for youth through sport;
- To strengthen the capacities of coaches and athletes by increasing the engagement on EU issues among their peers, with special attention to children with fewer opportunities, through training and international exchange;
- Promote inclusive and sustainable sport events and activities to increase active engagement and participation of young people in EU affairs;
- Promote networking for continuous and mutual cooperation between youth organisations and sport organisations working with young people across Europe to improve their impact on EU policies and involvement in EU affairs.
Target group involved:
- Young people involved in sport, with a focus on underrepresented groups (refugees and young people with migration backgrounds);
- Sports coaches;
- Sport and youth organisations;
- Local/regional sport policy makers
Main activities and events for the target groups involved:
- Training and knowledge of EU youth objectives among sports coaches, athletes and activists and mapping of good practices;
- International mobility for young athletes in Athens at KMOP SOCIAL ACTION AND INNOVATION CENTRE and young coaches in Amsterdam at FARE Network for the creation of inclusive and sustainable sport events;
- Implementation of sport events and activities in national context;
- Participation in the promotional campaign of the project and dissemination of EU Youth Goals;
- Participation in the final event.
Expected impact on project participants:
- To promote awareness in young people about the values of the European Union;
- To increase the capacity to create and organise inclusive and sustainable sport sessions in collaboration with peers in national and international contexts;
- Increase the capacity of coaches to reach less active young people and improve their professional skills;
- To create a network of cooperation between grassroots sport and local policy makers to promote EU values.
Fare Network – Netherlands
ASSIST National Association of Female Athletes – Italy
KMOP Organization – Greece
JPKeV – Germany
GEA Società Cooperativa Sociale – Italy
DOTS – Portugal
ENSE. European Network of Sport Education – Austria
The project is co-financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Programme
The European Commission’ssupport for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.